Learners who use the PRO version of the Study & Solutions Kit; the contact hours can be reduced by up to 8 hours (i.e. from 48 to 40 hours). This is due to the fact that the PRO version includes video facilitation on the Mock Assessment Questions, which can be leveraged as self-study.
Welcome to the ICB Public Accounting Administration subject. Please note the following:
1. This subject is divided into three study phases, each ending with the submission of two pieces of work (five formative assessments and one summative assessment in total).
2. The five formative assessments comprise three formative activities (assignments) and two formative evaluations (class tests). The three completed formative activities will not be marked by the facilitator, but must be completed in the Formative Activity Answer Book included in the ICB Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) that will be sent to the learner upon registration for assessment. The two formative evaluations (class tests) will be marked by the facilitator, but will be assessed by the ICB’s National Assessor upon completion of the course.
3. The five formative assessments will be assessed as a whole and will contribute 30% to the final mark. The final summative assessment (examination) will contribute the remaining 70%. In total, the learner needs to score at least 60% to be found competent. However, there is a sub-minimum of 50% for the summative assessment component only. For further information, please refer to the ICB’s Assessment Policy available at www.icb.org.za.
4. The learner will only receive the ICB Portfolio of Evidence (which includes the Formative Activity Question Paper Book as well as the Formative Activity Answer Book) upon successful registration for assessment with the ICB.
5. The formative activities need to be completed in the Formative Activity Answer Book, and the formative evaluations and summative assessment will be completed in answer books provided on the assessment dates. These answer books must be inserted in the PoE. All six assessments have to be completed in the learner’s own handwriting (unless otherwise instructed), using blue or black ink in all instances. Typed versions will not be accepted. Also note that correction fluid (Tipp-Ex) of any nature is strictly prohibited.
6. Please note that class attendance is compulsory. However, should the learner not be able to attend any of the sessions listed below, he or she should inform the facilitator as soon as possible. Should the learner fail to attend a session during which one of the two formative evaluations is due to be written, it will be the learner’s responsibility to contact the course coordinator to reschedule such an assessment. It is not the duty of the facilitator to schedule supplementary assessments. In most cases, a supplementary assessment will have to be scheduled during normal working hours.