The ICB Business Law and Administrative Practice course is one of six required subjects for the ICB Foundation Level Office Administration programme. The essential concepts of South African business law are presented enabling students to grasp the legal environment within which their organization operates.
This Module will be available in MACCI from April 2020.
Receptionist, Office assistant, Office Administrator, Marketing administrator, Public Relations Officer
How long to complete
- Module 1 The “Law”
- Module 2 The law of contract
- Module 3 Breach of contract
- Module 4 Remedies for breach of contract
- Module 5 Termination of contracts
- Module 6 The law of delict
- Module 7 Contract of sale
- Module 8 Credit agreements
- Module 9 Contract of lease
- Module 10 Contract of agency
- Module 11 Contract of partnership
- Module 12 Business entities
- Module 13 Contract of insurance
- Module 14 Contract of suretyship
- Module 15 Negotiable instruments
- Module 16 Contract of employment
- Module 17 Intellectual property and competition law
- Module 18 Environmental law
Here are some quick facts about the course.
- Course duration: Can be completed in Three (3) Months
- Type of course: Distance learning / correspondence
- Assessment: Formative assessments / assignment and a summative assessment / examination conducted by the ICB
- Accreditation: ICB as a Quality Assurance Partner of FASSET
- Qualification awarded: You will receive your ICB National Certificate on completion of the Foundation Level programme
You need the following to study this course.
- Grade 12 (Std 10) or equivalent
- 16 years of age
- No prior accounting knowledge is needed
- Students have to register separately with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) as well as with Aldes Training Academy
- Aldes Training Academy assists all students with their ICB registrations, at no extra charge
- Please download and read the course payment and ICB registration details file, including our NEW Pro version package, for further information
These overall course objectives will give you an idea about what to expect from the course. It is possible that they will help you see that this course is not the right one for you. In this case you are sure to find something more suitable amongst our wide range of courses – just keep searching until you find that perfect course
What you will learn
Students are introduced to South African law, both in a general sense but more specifically to the law as it applies in business. Knowledge of law as it applies to business is an essential skill and this skills programme introduces the basic principles involved. The topics covered range from the basics of the South African legal system, to commercial laws involving contracts and litigation.