To get you halfway though the ICB Advanced programme you need to complete the second of four subjects required. ICB Management Accounting Control Systems. The course imparts essential management accounting skills for financial accountants. As well as covering the vital ability to be able to effectively communicate accounting concepts within an organisation.
This Module will be available in MACCI from April 2020.
Financial accountant, Accounting Officer
How long to complete
- Module 1 Activity based costing
- Module 2 Cost classification, estimation and behaviour
- Module 3 Cost – volume – profit analysis
- Module 4 Linear programming
- Module 5 Standard costing
- Module 6 Relevant costs
- Module 7 Expected value theory and decision trees
- Module 8 Pricing policy and transfer pricing
- Module 9 Budgeting
- Module 10 Divisional performance evaluation
Here are some quick facts about the course.
- Course duration:Can be completed in Three (3) Months
- Type of course:Distance learning / correspondence
- Assessment:Formative assessments / assignment and a summative assessment / examination conducted by the ICB
- Accreditation:ICB as a Quality Assurance Partner of FASSET
- Qualification awarded: You will receive your National Certificate on completion of the Advanced level programme
You need the following to study this course.
- Hold a National Diploma in Technical Financial Accounting, or
- Assessed as competent in Financial Accounting: Upper Intermediate Level learning areas
- Students have to register separately with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) as well as with Aldes Training Academy
- Aldes Training Academy assists all students with their ICB registrations, at no extra charge
- Please download and read the course payment and ICB registration details file, including our NEW Pro version package, for further information
These overall course objectives will give you an idea about what to expect from the course. It is possible that they will help you see that this course is not the right one for you. In this case you are sure to find something more suitable amongst our wide range of courses – just keep searching until you find that perfect course
What you will learn
This course aims to develop in students a knowledge and understanding of the application of management accounting control and decision making techniques. This will enable them to communicate effectively as accountants and managers. The field of cost and management accounting has changed and evolved in recent times. Therefore the programme takes a contemporary approach helping successful students link basic accounting methods and serving the overall needs of the company.