10 Easy steps to success
Below you will a list of the FAQs that we most commonly receive together with the appropriate answers
We hope that the list of FAQs and answers is useful. If you have any other questions or comments, please use the contact us facility here and we will respond as soon as possible
NQF Level 3 courses
NQF levels are intended to award registered learners with national accreditation based on their skills and knowledge. NQF 3 is equivalent to Grade 11 or Standard 9, and is often a stepping stone to NQF 4 and beyond.
NQF Level 4 courses
NQF levels are intended to award registered learners with national accreditation based on their skills and knowledge. NQF 4 is equivalent to Grade 12 or Standard 10 (Matric), and is a FET – Further Education and Training – category qualification.
NQF Level 5 courses
NQF levels are intended to award registered learners with national accreditation based on their skills and knowledge. NQF 5 is a National Certificate or National Diploma and is a HET – Higher Education and Training – category qualification
NQF Level 6 courses
NQF levels are intended to award registered learners with national accreditation based on their skills and knowledge. NQF 6 is a Bachelors Degree or Higher Diplomaand is a HET – Higher Education and Training – category qualification.
This depends on the Programme, Course or Module you have chosen. You will be able to determine the entrance requirements from the individual Programme, Course or Module “Course Info” page. The courses that are accredited by the various Institutes all have their own specific entrance requirements.
You have the following options:
1. Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) directly into our account.
3. Deposit at a Standard Bank Branch.
4. Mobicred – Study Loan Institution.
Once you have decided what direction you want to study click on the “Enrol Now” button. Select your Programme(s), Course(s) or Module(s) from the expandable drop down menu at the top section of the page. Click on the “Course Info” button. Click on the “Take this Course” button. Select via the drop down menu what is applicable to your order – click on “Check Out”. You will be diverted to an online registration page which includes the various payment options we offer at the bottom. Click on the “Submit Order” – an automated email will be sent to our offices. You will receive an automated invoice for payment.
Yes you may enrol for more than one Programme, Course or Module. We will assist you with all the necessary information for you to make an informed decision.
Whatever the nature of your problem Aldes Training Academy will provide you with the necessary support. Delegates who are registered with the ICB have access to Online Tutors and various WhatsApp Groups. You are welcome to use our WhatsApp link for Online Support, send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us telephonically on (012) 361 2690.
Yes – we welcome students from all over Africa and beyond. Enrolling in one of our top quality distance learning programmes enables you to study anywhere and at any time. The only difference will be the shipment cost of Study Material dependant on the course you enrol for.
Not all Delegates have the full financial funding to study and many times don’t qualify for a bursary. Aldes Training Academy recognized this and registered as a Merchant of Mobicred. Mobicred assists with study loans with manageable repayment fees within 48 hours from application submission.
This will be dependent on your course selection. Some of our courses have prescribed Notional Classroom hours. Other courses are Distance Learning where your Study Material is couriered to you and you have the full assistance of an Online Tutor if you have any questions.
Our Head Office is based in Pretoria. We boast a newly built training facility. We also facilitate courses across South Africa at various training venues or onsite at our client’s premises.
- Students have immediate access to their portfolios which means no more queries coming in asking when portfolios will be delivered.
- It can be accessed anywhere and anytime – no more excuses from students not being able to work while away for the weekend or on holiday.
- Tests are completed online with an immediate mark – no more marking for your team which allows them to immediately identify student progress.
- And to combat plagiarism – all test questions are random which means a student will not be able to tell another student the answer to question 3 for example. Question 3 will be a different question in student no 2’s test.
- Your lecturers and administrators get access to the students profiles on MACCI to monitor their progress live.
- And best of all – Digital portfolios are available at a reduced rate – Only R550 per portfolio, which means yet another cost saving to you.
- RTAP (Digital Only)
- Exemptions (Digital Only)
- BKTB – for April 2019 exams onwards
- CPBK – for April 2019 exams onwards
- PMSR – for April 2019 exams onwards
- BUSL – for April 2019 exams onwards
- Gives you up to R125 saving per PoE
- Get access to your PoE immediately
- Take your tests online
- Get your test results immediately
- See which questions you got wrong
- 4 Most popular subjects are available
- Book from April 2019 exams onwards
- Exams are booked via the provider portal as “digital portfolios” and the students are automatically enrolled on the MACCI platform.
- A login email is sent to the students from the MACCI platform to have immediate access to their portfolios.
- For Providers to obtain access to the platform, they must send an email directly to email@example.com, with their full name, email address and exam code booked.
- Digital portfolios have locked steps that are in line with the study phases, e.g. students cannot progress without completing the previous step.
- Students will currently need to download their assignment booklet, complete and scan/upload at the appropriate section.
- All tests are completed in test conditions. These are timed tests and your students should not access these prior to your selected test date. These are completed online, marked by the system and an immediate result is provided.
- The online portfolio also includes an introduction, admin guide and close off section.
- Students will know that they have completed their portfolios by following their progress on the progress bar until 100% completion.
- All portfolios must be completed before 09:00 on the day of the exam.
- The digital portfolio can be completed on mobile, tablet and PC desktop.
- The 4 subjects, RTAP and exemption online versions available for April exams onwards.
- The digital portfolios are named as per the Exam Code – the same as the code used to book the students on the provider portal.
- All staff and students MUST have their own unique email address.
- Providers must send their details to firstname.lastname@example.org be loaded onto their student profiles.
Please include: Name, surname, email, exam codes.
- Postponements for digital portfolios are allowed (same rules apply).
- In a single booking you can only book either digital or hard copy portfolios but not both at the same time.
- Results will still be received via the provider portal.
- Digital portfolio updates are available on the website: https://icb.org.za/digital-portfolios/
No assignments or tests need to be physically handed back to ICB. Not only does this free up your time to do other things, but it will also reduce your courier costs. WOW!
Annual Student Registration Fee – 2019 – R350.00
Exam fee per Module/Learning Area (All Qualifications) – R675.00
Exam fee for Digital PoE / MACCI (BKTB, CPBK, PMSR, BUSL, RTAP) *Available from 1 April 2019 – R550.00
Re-Write fee per Module/Learning Area (All Qualifications) – R475.00
Exam postponement fee per Module/Learning Area – R475.00
Exam late entry fee per Module/Learning Area – R490.00
Exam Re-mark & Examiners Report (fee per Module/Learning Area) – R950.00
Private Invigilator Admin Fee (Prior Approval Required) – R1250.00
Transcript of Results Re-print (Including Postage) – R0.00
Certificate Re-print (Including Postage) – R250.00
Re-Issue of PoE (Including Postage) – R390.00
Re-post/ Re-delivery Fee – R120.00
Workplace PoE Assessments (Learnerships) – Digital Only – R1100.00
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING(RPL) / EXEMPTION FEES
RPL/Exemption Application Fee – R460.00
RPL/Exemption Fee per subject Accredited Prior Learning/Qualification (no POE Required) – R390.00
RPL PoE fee per subject (PoE to be Completed) – R945.00
LATEST NEWS ARTICLES FROM OUR BLOG
With thanks: Anja van den Berg - Solidarity World Published: 9 January 2019 Online Article:...
Met Dank: Anja van den Berg Gepubliseer: 4 November 2019 Artikel: ...
Met dank: Essie Bester - Solidariteit Loopbaan Gepubliseer: 4 November 2019 Artikel: ...