The Professional Designation Examination (PDE) is an integrated test of knowledge for Estate Agents contemplated in regulation of the Education Regulations promulgated under Government Notice R.633 on 04 June 2008. In terms of regulations 4(3) no persons may be registered by the EAAB as a Full Status Agent unless that person has successfully completed the Professional Designation Examination (PDE). The PDE is entirely distinct from the old EAAB Board examination and focuses on the new education curriculum that was introduced in 2008.
Estate Agents who have:
- Been certified as having successfully completed the relevant Qualification will be eligible to write the exam;
- Been certified exempted in line with the EAAB Equivalency Matrices.
NB: AGENTS/PRINCIPALS THAT HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED THE PDE EXEMPTION NEED NOT APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE DOING SO TO BE ABLE TO QUALIFY TO USE THE PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATION, MPRE OR PPRE.
NQF Level 3 courses
NQF levels are intended to award registered learners with national accreditation based on their skills and knowledge. NQF 3 is equivalent to Grade 11 or Standard 9, and is often a stepping stone to NQF 4 and beyond.
NQF Level 4 courses
NQF levels are intended to award registered learners with national accreditation based on their skills and knowledge. NQF 4 is equivalent to Grade 12 or Standard 10 (Matric), and is a FET – Further Education and Training – category qualification.
NQF Level 5 courses
NQF levels are intended to award registered learners with national accreditation based on their skills and knowledge. NQF 5 is a National Certificate or National Diploma and is a HET – Higher Education and Training – category qualification
NQF Level 6 courses
NQF levels are intended to award registered learners with national accreditation based on their skills and knowledge. NQF 6 is a Bachelors Degree or Higher Diplomaand is a HET – Higher Education and Training – category qualification.
Table of Contents
- About the Examination
- General Tips
- Quick Navigation – EAAB Study Guide
- Summary – EAAB Study Guide
- Easy Reference Guide
Here are some quick facts about the course.
- Course duration: One (1) Day
- Type of course: One day Facilitated workshop.
- Assessment: The PDE is a four-hour, open-book examination which incorporates a 40-mark knowledge component, a 30-mark practical case study and a 30-mark ethics case study.
- Accreditation: Aligned with the EAAB guidelines & requirements.
- Qualification awarded: An electronic Certificate of Completion
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- No refund on the Real Estate NQF4 if the delegate has accessed material and/or attended the session.
- Delegates may not transfer from one course start date to another.
- Once registered the delegate may not transfer a course to another delegate to proceed with.
- Accounts in arrears of more than 90 days will result in course termination.
You need the following to study this course.
- Valid FFC.
- Copy of Identity Document.
- Copy of Curriculum Vitae.
- NQF4 Services SETA Certificate.
- EAAB Study Guide – Obtain from the EAAB.
- Pen, Pencil & Ruler.
- Self-Adhesive Notes.
- Standard Calculator.
- What will a delegate receive during / on completion?
- One day Facilitated workshop.
- A guide & the knowledge to the EAAB Study Guide.
- An electronic Certificate of Completion.
THE PDE APPLICATION PROCESS
- The PDE will incorporate knowledge component as well as the application or case study component;
- Applicants will be required to achieve on overall 65% passing mark for the exam in order to be certified;
- Only Estate Agents that have already qualified or been exempted for the NQF4 (Non-Principals) and NQF5 (Principals) should apply to write the PDE;
- The PDE application process will be available from 20 July 2011 from which date examination registrations and venues, as well as all preparatory workshops, will be listed on the EAAB’s website home page which may be accessed at http://www.eaab.org.za.
FEES AND PAYMENT PROCESS
- A fee is payable for PDE4 for the application to be processed.
- The Fee can be confirmed on the EAAB Website.
- Only electronic payments will be permitted. Payment should only be made to the EAAB confirming the Payment Reference Number that will be communicated upon submission and processing of your online application.
ABOUT THE EXAMINATION:
- The PDE is a four-hour, open-book examination which incorporates a 40-mark knowledge component, a 30-mark practical case study and a 30-mark ethics case study. Candidates must obtain an overall mark of 50% to pass the examination.
IS THIS QUALIFICATION ACCREDITED?
Aligned with the EAAB guidelines & requirements.