To accommodate the peremptory internship requirements for new entrants into the Estate Agency profession the EAAB in terms of the Education Regulations, introduced a mandatory one-year programme, to be completed by all Intern Estate Agents, as from 2 January 2013. The programme has been specifically designed to facilitate and monitor the induction of Intern Estate Agents into the Estate Agency profession and will apply to all new entrants and/or Intern Estate Agents, regardless of the future status to which such persons aspire and/or of their current academic, professional or other qualifications.
The programme has, furthermore, been designed to ensure that Intern Estate Agents not only acquire meaningful practical Estate Agency experience during the twelve-month internship period but that they are also exposed to an applied and relevant practical learning experience that will enhance, and add value and understanding, to their theoretical estate agency studies. The underlying objective of the programme is to ensure that intern estate agents are provided with the required structured learning environment that will assist them to acquire the necessary practical workplace experience that they need if they are competently to perform the functions of a professional Estate Agents and that, just as importantly, they are not, during the course of the internship period, relegated to the peripheries of Estate Agency practice.
The maintenance of a mandatory Workplace Learning Programme Logbook and workplace Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) constitutes an integral component of the entire programme. The EAAB has, compiled a draft logbook for use by both Intern Estate Agents and their Principals and/or Mentors.
- New Entrants into the Industry.
- Intern Estate Agents.
- Principal Agents who would like to provide guidance to their Interns / Mentors.
NQF Level 3 courses
NQF levels are intended to award registered learners with national accreditation based on their skills and knowledge. NQF 3 is equivalent to Grade 11 or Standard 9, and is often a stepping stone to NQF 4 and beyond.
NQF Level 4 courses
NQF levels are intended to award registered learners with national accreditation based on their skills and knowledge. NQF 4 is equivalent to Grade 12 or Standard 10 (Matric), and is a FET – Further Education and Training – category qualification.
NQF Level 5 courses
NQF levels are intended to award registered learners with national accreditation based on their skills and knowledge. NQF 5 is a National Certificate or National Diploma and is a HET – Higher Education and Training – category qualification
NQF Level 6 courses
NQF levels are intended to award registered learners with national accreditation based on their skills and knowledge. NQF 6 is a Bachelors Degree or Higher Diplomaand is a HET – Higher Education and Training – category qualification.
Table of Contents
- Draft Contract of Internship
- Background and Overview
- Scope of Practical Projects
- Workplace Experiences:
Introduction/ Product Training / Law / Finance / Marketing, Selling & Leasing Property / Management / Administration / Paralegal / Suggested Projects
Here are some quick facts about the course.
- Course duration: One (1) Day
- Type of course: One day Facilitated workshop.
- Accreditation: Aligned with the EAAB guidelines & requirements.
- Qualification awarded: An electronic Certificate of Completion
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- No refund on the Real Estate NQF 4/5 if the delegate has accessed material and/or attended the session.
- Delegates may not transfer from one course start date to another.
- Once registered the delegate may not transfer a course to another delegate to proceed with.
- Accounts in arrears of more than 90 days will result in course termination.
You need the following to study this course.
- Valid FFC.
- Copy of Identity Document.
- Copy of Curriculum Vitae.
- Tertiary Certificate(s) / Diploma.
- Pen, Pencil & Ruler.
- Self-Adhesive Notes.
- Standard Calculator.
- What will a delegate receive during / on completion?
- One day Facilitated workshop.
- A guide & the knowledge to successfully complete the Intern Logbook.
- Details required by the Intern to complete their logbook on a monthly basis.
- An electronic Certificate of Completion.
IS THE QUALIFICATION ACCREDITED?
- Aligned with the EAAB guidelines & requirements.